SQUEAKY CLEAN: BEST PRACTICES IN JANITORIAL SERVICES CONTRACTING AND PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
Squeaky Clean: Best Practices In Janitorial Services Contracting and Performance Measurement
As more FMs start to contract out janitorial services, there becomes an increasing need to simplify the procurement process and measure the value that the newly hired services brings to the owner. This webinar presents a study of four recent outsourcing janitorial contracts that used a procurement process that considered both price and performance of the firm. On average, the owners saved 20 percent from their expected budgets while also experiencing higher customer satisfaction (as compared to previous contracts or internally-performed services). The recommended contracting approach will be discussed in detail (example RFPs, proposal evaluation process, contract pre-planning best practices, and team alignment). Both FMs and their procurement professional counterparts should attend this webinar!
Want to Enhance Your Procurement Process? Focus on EXPERTISE!
Facility Managers need to simplify the procurement process and require that the suppliers measure and document the value they bring to the owner. The Simplar team has assisted hundreds of public and private owners in the procurement, planning, and documentation on thousands of projects including janitorial, roofing, construction, IT, and others. Owners using the process for janitorial contract renewal saved on average 20 percent from their expected budgets while also experiencing higher customer satisfaction.
Key Recommendations for Janitorial Contracts
- Compete expertise in the procurement process: focus on risk and value. Our research has shown that the suppliers’ ability to identify and mitigate risk is the strongest correlation to overall contract success.
- Use blind evaluations – make it fair. Personnel names, company letterhead, and other identifying information should not be included on the documents that the evaluation committee reviews.
- Focus on the people doing the work. An effective procurement process allows the owner to assess the capability of the supplier’s key people who will be onsite providing service.
- Spend the time to develop a clear scope of work. Read our white paper on SOW development for some additional insights and recommendations.
- Start Benchmarking your Janitorial Services. IFMA has published a benchmarking report that summarizes cost per square foot for janitorial among a variety of factors (facility use, location, size, and more).
Need More Materials or Have a Question?
Contact Us Today, We Are Happy to Share!