HOW INDUSTRY CAN ENGAGE WITH ACADEMIA/
INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING IN FM
How Industry Can Engage With Academia / Institutions of Higher Learning In FM
Use Data to Solve Problems Faster and Easier
How often do you hear about the latest and greatest technologies, but are unsure if they will actually work? Many FM researchers use a rapid prototyping, applied approach to solving real-world problems in facilities and construction. In partnership with the Associated Schools of Facility Management, this presentation is designed specifically for facility professionals who want to leverage the research process to solve problems in their own organizations. These tools, combined with a strategic approach to organizational change, lead to much higher levels of performance.
The Journal of Facility Management Education and Research (www.jfmer.org) is a great resource to learn how your peers have used innovative solutions at their sites. Some of the FM research studies discussed in the presentation were:
- The Use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) for Sloped Roof Inspections
- Load Shifting Using Thermal Energy Ice Storage
- Improving Janitorial Contract Performance with Performance Scorecards
- Healthcare FM Industry’s State of Hiring
- Point Cloud Applications for Disaster Remediation
- Process Modeling for Food Service in Swiss Hospitals
- Application of Lean Six Sigma to Improve Service in Healthcare Facilities Management
- Solar Reflectance Attenuation and Roof Cleaning on a Cool Roof: Costs and ROI
- Historic Site Facilities Management
Use-inspired FM Research
- Invite faculty to your local IFMA chapter meetings to present on their research (FM, construction management, business, finance, communications, sustainability)
- Need innovative ways to solve problems? Consider partnering with academia.
- Actively pursue internships with your local college / university
- Thinking about retirement? Many institutions have teaching opportunities.
Need More Materials or Have a Question?
Contact Us Today, We Are Happy to Share!