IT Procurement and Execution Best Practices
Planning is Crucial on IT Projects
Procuring a new CMMS, ERP, Asset Management, Financial Management, or other FM software can be a big challenge. Worried about becoming another one on the long list of failed IT implementations? The IT industry overall has a 20% success rate, after all! Research has shown that success can be predicted at the time your RFP is created (before you buy!).
Many organizations overlook the full impact of what is required to deliver a successful software implementation.
There are several important phases of the Software Delivery Lifecycle – and all must be coordinated seamlessly.
The Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Most Important Scope Item: Your Current Conditions!
- Use Scripted Verifications (Not Vendor-Lead Demos)
- Focus on People: Interview the Implementation Team
- Eliminate Marketing Content from Written Proposals
- Clarify the Implementation Plan (BEFORE Contract Signing!)
- White Paper: Expertise-based Approach to IT
Everyone knows that delivering an Information Technology (IT) project is tough. This white paper examines provides recent data on IT project performance, and the cradle-to-grave view of Software Implementation.
- Case Study: Capital Project Management Software
The City of Lawrence, KS went to market for a software solution and implementation services related to project management, tracking, budgeting and analysis of Capital Improvements Projects (CIP)
- Case Study: GIS Asset and Work Management
The City of Rochester used Simplar’s XPD process to select an IT services provider to implement an enterprise based, map-centric work and asset management system. The new system allows the city to efficiently manage their growing public infrastructure.
We are here to help
Work with procurement / purchasing / buyers
Developing a Scope of Work and the RFP
Providing On-Site Training
Streamlining the Evaluation Process
Facilitating planning phase with the vendor
Contact us at
or (928) 713-0501