Buying Roofing Systems – Industry Best Practices
Roofing and RFP Procurement Process
Are you getting stuck with underperforming roofs because of low price purchasing? Buy based on VALUE and don’t get stuck with another inferior roof again. Learn how to procure roofing using industry best practices that use qualifications and price. This presentation will walk through, in detail, a streamlined RFP template for roofing and show you how to evaluate past performance, minimize total lifecycle cost, and deliver a worry-free solution to your building occupants.
- Increase your awareness of vendor perceptions. Does the local industry think you have a favorite? Roofing contractors are extremely busy – you are not the only fish in the sea. We need to use a fair, open, and transparent procurement process.
- Streamline the Procurement Process. In partnership with the Center for Procurement Excellence, we have create a RFP Template specifically for roofing buys. Contact Amy Wright, CPE’s Chief Administrative Officer, to learn more (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Request that the Installer provide a list of 15 past customers that can validate high customer satisfaction and long-term performance (e.g., a customer that gives a 9.5 out of 10 satisfaction on a 20-year old roof may have more value to you than a 10 out of 10 on a 2-year old roof).
- Request that the Supplier provide a list of 15 past customers that can validate high customer satisfaction and long-term performance on the actual product being supplied.
- Rather than looking at the length of the proposed warranty period (e.g., 30-years), review the exclusions of the warranty and how they impact your building and your situation. Consider giving credit to those Suppliers with fewer exclusions.